Monday 4 February 2019

Let's See How Deep The Rabbit Hole Goes

Now, Christmas. And yes, I realise it is now February! But still, I didn't really manage to snap out of my Grinchness (which you can read about here) sadly and work, as usual, was nuts in January. So. The weekend before Christmas was lovely, hubby and I went out for the day on the Saturday and we also spent Christmas Eve together. I opened up to him about how I was feeling over a drink on Christmas Eve, told him that I'd come to a realisation and that I was not at all in the Christmas spirit per se but as a Christian I was absolutely ready to celebrate Christ's birth. I said that I found this a very strange but lovely place to be and it gave me very mixed feelings. He promptly suggested we walk to the local church later for midnight mass. I was so touched and it was a wonderful service, just what I needed.

Christmas Day itself was spent volunteering at a centre giving Christmas lunch to those that wouldn't otherwise have had it (elderly that were alone, homeless, families on food banks) and again, it was very enjoyable. Boxing Day was also much better than I thought it would ever be. Sister-in-law was on good form (well, good for her.....) and the kids were brilliant. Even my brother seemed to be a in a good mood! So the next evening, admittedly after a couple of glasses of wine, I texted her about the fact she still hadn't unblocked me on FB. It had been over six months now, I said, and I was getting more and more embarrassed that I was keeping up with the kids by relying on my parents taking screenshots of the things she was posting and sending them to me. She went on about how she couldn't do it on her phone, she had to be on a desktop. Well, said I, you managed to do it in the first place so please - I'd like to be able to see what you post. Her response was the same, she needed a desktop and it was a banned site at work so she couldn't do it. I snapped, said I'd unfriend her and add her back again and hopefully that would reset it. So I took her off my FB, and there was not the option to add her back. Clearly the fact I'm on her blocked list means I can't even add her as a friend. To be honest it's a bit of a relief. We don't have to pretend anymore and the ball is absolutely in her court.

Christmas for hubby and I on the, erm, 'getting back in the saddle' department was mixed. There were urges and opportunity but what needed to happen for us to get back into said saddle didn't happen. Or did, but then promptly disappeared again. Beyond frustrating, as you can imagine. It was as if now that we are very much back on track someone has said "brilliant, well done for getting everything else sorted and getting it all back together. Oh, but by the way we're now going to take this away from you." Gah! But, as if to prove just how much he's changed, hubby dealt with it brilliantly. Knew immediately that something wasn't right, made an appointment at the docs for blood tests (which have since all come back clear so who knows) and placed an order for some blue tablets. Which work.





* and yes, I am well aware of the inaccuracy of my Matrix quote. I just like the sentiment, it's not my fault the pills I'm talking about are blue not red :D

No comments:

Post a Comment