Thursday 24 March 2016

The Return.....





So, today it happened. I rejoined Facebook. I was going to do it last week but chickened out, which meant I had to do it this week. When I say 'had' to..... We're off to Cuba next week and a girl's gotta brag, right?! If there's only a few days to go it doesn't have the same effect. Well - that's what I think in my head anyway! So today I did it.

If you've missed the reason I left in the first place, you'll find it here. And for a long while I wondered if I would ever go back, I've not missed it. And Salt in the Womb (whose blog I've always loved) wrote a very good piece on why infertiles should, if only occasionally, leave social media (read it here if you haven't already). And so it has always played on my mind. But I like catching up with old friends, reading what people are up to and keeping in touch with those in far away places that it would be more difficult to keep in touch with without it.

So yes, I have returned but with a renewed attitude towards it. As I said I have genuinely not missed it these past (almost) three months. I have unfriended those that don’t make me feel good about myself and unfollowed those that caused me such hurt as to walk away from it in the first place (sadly, unfriending them would be the proverbial 'hot potato' within the friendship group.....). Also I will attempt, from now on, to be far more honest in my comments and statuses – whilst still aiming to be positive. I cannot abide those who post negative statuses looking for attention and so I will never be one of ‘those’ people, but at the same time I will no longer sugar-coat anything. It is a communication tool, it is not something one should live one’s life through.

Let's just hope I can stick to that ethos! Otherwise the next time I leave FB, it might be for good.



No comments:

Post a Comment